Before Your Appointment
To help ensure a smooth billing process, we encourage you to take these steps before your visit at Cleveland Clinic:
- Confirm that your insurance is accepted at Cleveland Clinic by checking our list of accepted insurance plans or by calling your insurance company to find out if it has a contract with Cleveland Clinic.
- Check your insurance plan to find out what is and isn't covered and whether or not your service requires authorization.
- Obtain a referral, if required by your insurance company. Please discuss this with your primary care physician prior to scheduling an appointment with one of our specialists.
- Please Note: Cleveland Clinic does not require referrals, but your insurance company may require them to provide coverage of your visit or procedure.
- Confirm the copay amount for your visit, as well as any unmet deductible amount.
- Be aware of your coinsurance and out-of-pocket maximum.
- Update your coordination of benefits with your insurance plan.
- Ask the scheduler for a pre-service cost estimate, or create your own estimate here.
- Review a visual guide to help you understand what your estimate will look like.
- If you do not have health insurance or are not using it, under the law you have the right to receive a good faith estimate for the cost of your scheduled services. You can request a good faith estimate at any time. To request one, contact a Patient Financial Advocate or create your own estimate.
Still have questions?
Patient Financial Services
Phone: 216.445.6249 or 866.621.6385 (toll-free)
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.